Only the following individuals may participate as competitors in the 2017 University Nationals:
Students who are currently officially registered as proceeding towards a degree or diploma at a university or similar institute whose status is recognized by the appropriate national academic authority of their country.
Former students of the institutions mentioned above who have obtained their academic degree or diploma in the year preceding the event.
All competitors must be U.S. citizens. They must be at least 17 and less than 28 years of age on January 1, 2016. Athletes must have graduated from high school in 2016 or before. 2017 graduates are not eligible.
UWW CADET NATIONALS
The event also features competition for UWW Cadet age athletes (born 1998-2000) in Men's Freestyle and Greco-Roman. The champion in each UWW Cadet weight class qualifies to represent the United States at the 2015 UWW Cadet World Championships.
Top four place winners at this event qualify for your state's Cadet national teams (above the state limit) in the style in which you qualify. This is only for athletes born in 1999 or 2000. Athletes born in 1998 do not qualify for their Cadet national team. Athletes must still adhere to all state policies and you qualify in the style in which you place.
Final University World Team Trials
FS Weights: 57, 61, 65, 70, 74, 80, 86, 97, 125 (bold = World Team Weights)
- Highest eligible placer within the top 6 at the U.S. Senior Trials can challenge the University Champion at the same weight.
- The deadline to declare a challenge is TBD
- Opportunity to challenge will be given to one eligible athlete in rank order of finish by the deadline stated
- Can only challenge at the same weight class in which they competed at in the U.S. Senior Trials
- Best two of three series
- Must be age group and academically eligible
- Date – TBD
- Scratch weight on TBD
Director of Events, Greater Cleveland Sports Commission